Imagine a magical Christmas and New Year in the Lake District, with real fires, snow on the mountains, frozen lakes and waterfalls. Gilpin is a family owned and run Relais & Châteaux hotel that strives to be the best, with a friendly, personal touch. If you’re looking for somewhere elegant yet comfy, friendly yet luxurious, join us during the festive season for some, love, laughter and unhurried pampering.
Barney, Zoë, Xiá, John and Christine Cunliffe.
STAYING WITH US
OVER THE FESTIVE PERIOD
We’re filling up for this festive season, so please do get in touch if you’re thinking of joining us. Prices below are per room per stay, and in addition to the festivities mentioned below, include accommodation, dinner, full English breakfast and VAT:
4 nights arriving Mon 23-Dec-19
Gilpin Lake House*
*See further down the page for full details
Four nights of gastronomy, hospitality and entertainment – with plenty of time for relaxation. On Christmas Eve lunch is served on Lake Windermere, and on Christmas Day ‘The Christmas Day Feast’ starts with a residents Champagne reception and proceeds at a leisurely pace throughout the afternoon, with a light supper later.
3 nights arriving Fri 27-Dec-19
Escape the festivities and indulge in some serious chilling out – recuperate with us for a few days between Christmas and New Year, and return to the world feeling refreshed.
3 nights arriving Mon 30-Dec-19
Gilpin Lake House
Three nights of fabulous gourmet dining and hospitality. On New Year’s Eve join us for a Champagne reception followed by a fabulous ‘Black Tie’ Gala Dinner, with live music in the Champagne Bar to welcome in the New Year!
GILPIN LAKE HOUSE
A PRIVATE WINTER WONDERLAND
The ultimate Christmas house party – revel in a true Lakeland festive season, with as much or as little peace, tranquillity and relaxation you could wish for in this private winter wonderland.
Enter through electric gates to discover Gilpin Lake House. Set on a stunningly beautiful four-acre lake in 100 acres of private grounds, and designed with exclusive use in mind, the Lake House is on three levels with a beautiful entrance and sweeping staircase, six fabulous rooms, a large lounge scattered with sofas, armchairs and bookcases, floor to ceiling windows, log fire, huge conservatory, heated indoor pool, sauna and cedarwood hot tub.
The Lake House Christmas Package includes four nights at Gilpin Lake House, with sumptuous breakfasts, delicious afternoon teas, a wonderful Christmas Day Feast and celebratory Champagne reception, including a visit from Father Christmas, and a mixture of gourmet dinners and light suppers.
- Arrive on 23rd December to carol singers and a festive afternoon tea, and a choice of dining in either of our restaurants in the evening.
- On Christmas Eve join the hotel guests on Lake Windermere for lunch aboard, and our chauffeurs will take you to HRiSHi to enjoy a Michelin starred tasting menu in the evening.
- After a leisurely morning, Father Christmas makes an appearance at the Lake House during the Champagne reception, after which the Lake House guests meander through the afternoon enjoying The Christmas Feast, with a light supper later.
- For those that wish to blow the cobwebs away on Boxing Day, you are invited to Boxing Day join our guests at Gilpin Hotel for a wintery walk ending in the Lake House grounds with Richard’s hot punch and a warming bite to eat. Later that evening the chauffeurs will transport you to Gilpin Spice to dine.
- The special Lake House Christmas Package includes a complimentary one hour couples’ spa treatment followed by a glass of Champagne in the hot tub – with mince pies of course!
- The rate above are per room, based on two adults sharing.
Perfect for the ultimate Christmas house party, the Lake House is fully serviced with Relais & Châteaux trained staff and chefs, and a highly experienced and dedicated team look after you from start to finish, balancing warmth and friendliness with extraordinary service, exquisite décor and stunning culinary experiences in the beautiful Lake District.
We have a variety of gifts and vouchers which we can send out for you, from a simple monetary voucher to an invitation for an evening in a Spa Lodge, all you need to do is choose your gift and we’ll do the rest for you. Click on the examples below to open our gifts page in a new window.
OUR FESTIVE MENUS
A SPICY CHRISTMAS & OUR NEW APRES SPICE DOME
Tushar, Hoshi and Kulap have got their party hats on and are busy creating their Christmas party packages at Gilpin Spice, and are excited about the return of their Après Spice Dome, very much like the one you see here – snow not guaranteed!
The Après Spice Dome will have the feeling of a Winter wonderland, transporting you into an Alpine-esque mood but without the hassle of airports and security kerfuffles!
Gather your friends and colleagues for unique pre- and post-dinner drinks celebrations in our Après Spice Dome, with its own bar, wood-burning stove, snug seating, rugs, and general wintry fun, cosiness and fairy-light delights. Christmas celebrations simply aren’t complete without music, so the Après Spice Dome will be playing all the Christmas classics and latest pop hits in style, with special cocktails for the festive season.
Enquiries to Janine Hatfield on 015394-88818 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Menus coming soon pre booking essential).